Last year when I came back to work after a two-week vacation in Europe, I felt wonderfully refreshed and much less jumpy. Apart from the vacation being sooper, and the fact that any two-week absence from your usual routine refreshes you I felt there was some other reason. I discovered it in a day or two - I barely used Facebook in those two weeks. I mean I did use it every night for a while, for posting photos and updates, but that was it. Prior to that I used to keep Facebook open in a browser tab for a large part of my working day.
I drastically reduced my usage of Facebook in office, and could clearly see a difference in my mind and body. And the connection also became apparent. Using the internet doesn't bother me or waste my time. But Facebook is like a market where everyone is screaming out whatever is going on in his/her mind. If you have seen X-Men then it is similar to what Prof X feels when he can hear every one's thoughts. It is very easy to drown in this ocean, and be continuously affected by others' hate/love/opinion/criticism thanks to the never-ending 'Wall'. I couldn't handle this.
However I saw that doing Facebook in leisure, specially when my mind is in a pretty lazy and useless state anyway, doesn't affect me. The lesson seems to be: when you need to use your mind in the best possible way don't do Facebook. You might be thinking: so what do you do if you can't leave your desk job? Surf the internet. Read blogs, watch videos, do whatever you feel like. Just don't make social media your only experience of the Net.
prof x is from x-men not avengers!
ReplyDeleteGet your super heros right man!
oops, typo, correcting, don't worry I've watched both :-)
Delete