Saturday, February 2, 2013

Changing people fanatically

"... If we can create the possibility, that is great. At least if we do not block the possibility, that is okay, but if we are putting people off and blocking the possibility because of the way we are doing things, then that is a serious concern. ..."

(taken from here)

When I read the line above, I just remembered some people I know from the 'fanatic-earth-savers' club. Well, I was a meek member of this club myself once upon a time. Teaching slum children, building a website for a voluntary organisation, advocating eco-friendliness, debating with people against car usage, walking rallies for saving trees -- I have done all of these. Not very extensively you can rightly say - but I did spend a lot of my time till 3 years back doing these things.

I didn't compare anywhere with the fanatic earth-savers, though. And I am glad that I didn't (only once I quarrelled badly with a friend on the topic of drunken driving -- but that was all I ever did). Changing the world is all very needed and noble, but hang on -- how are you sure your way of change is THE way? And do you know what sometimes happens when you stop seeing the world through your way of change? You can see that there are other ways as well. Not all ways lead to Rome, but at least more than one way does.
Following your way and showing it to others is one of the best things in the world -- but let's be aware that others may be doing better in their own ways!

1 comment:

  1. very strongly worded title.. rest is too vague to comment... looks like a hindi movie of today.. salman khan boldo and it becomes a super hit even if the script is weak... whats on your debo? :)

    ReplyDelete