Monday, June 24, 2013

Sa-mo-sa from Dilli

Over the last few years I have come away from my previous stand that Delhi-NCR doesn't have good options for food as compared to Bangalore and Kolkata. Sure, the other two cities I named have their own culinary jewels but Delhi has some unparalleled preparations as well. The drawback of this huge capital city is that it is rather like a maze -- without a guide you are likely to end up emptying your pocket and yet not satisfying your taste buds.
Enough of introductions, I am going straight to the topic of this blog entry -- the most amazing samosa I have ever had. I read about it in Rahul Verma's column. Last Saturday we were going to the Hauz Khas ruins when my wife started insisting we try out the samosas from Annapurna Sweets we had read about. And my goodness, I just can't believe how good they were. They come at 15 rupees a piece and are worth every paisa. Do taste them if you have not already done so! I am giving a map below for your convenience.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment