I am staying alone for a few days after many years. I grew up as a child of working parents, and I started sleeping alone from a very early age. So staying alone was never a issue for me. However it became one after I suffered a fright attack while staying alone for a night, two years ago. It has bothered me since then. So I grabbed this opportunity when my wife was planning to go to guadec for 5 days. I insisted that nobody be invited to stay with me. This was a very difficult choice for me because staying apart from my wife -- that too with each of us in a different continent -- is extremely hard to digest for me. Still, I took it.
The first night was terrible. Sleep was very less and shallow. I guess what added to it was the fear that my wife's flight will crash!
From the next day, things became better. I realised that sleep is a matter of habit. Any small change of the place of sleep also causes slightly altered sleep. So does sleeping alone after many years. However, the human body adapts very fast. So, what might be difficult to do for a day is doable after day 2 and 3. Feels good to have faced a personal challenge head-on.
Another thing I noticed is the effect of sunlight on the human mind (well, I only noticed my mind though). There is a sea change in your mood and thoughts at night versus those in the day. What seems depressing at night seems positive in the morning.
The first night was terrible. Sleep was very less and shallow. I guess what added to it was the fear that my wife's flight will crash!
From the next day, things became better. I realised that sleep is a matter of habit. Any small change of the place of sleep also causes slightly altered sleep. So does sleeping alone after many years. However, the human body adapts very fast. So, what might be difficult to do for a day is doable after day 2 and 3. Feels good to have faced a personal challenge head-on.
Another thing I noticed is the effect of sunlight on the human mind (well, I only noticed my mind though). There is a sea change in your mood and thoughts at night versus those in the day. What seems depressing at night seems positive in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment